Your Pet’s First Visit
Thank you for choosing us to care for your pets. Our team looks forward to meeting you and your furry family and providing you with excellent medical care and personalized service.
We pride ourselves on running efficiently and on time. And, very much appreciate your timeliness so that we can successfully meet our scheduling goals. Occasionally there is an emergency or other unexpected events that may cause a short delay. We thank you in advance for your patience when these unforeseen events occur.
For everyone’s safety (pets and people alike), all dogs must be on a leash while in the clinic and all cats in a cat carrier. If you do not have a carrier, please inform our front desk and we can loan you one.
Make your First Visit More Efficient!
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your first scheduled appointment to allow time to process your information.
- To save time at check-in, print out our New Client Information Form and bring the completed form with you.
- Please also bring a copy of your pet’s previous medical records. If these are not available, contact us before your appointment and supply us with the name of your previous veterinarian and we will call to request these for you. (Note some veterinary clinics require a call from the client directly before records can be sent out).
What to Expect on your First Visit
- 5-10 minutes to collect your information and create your medical record in our system
- 5-10 minutes with a technician who will ask you questions about your pet’s history, get your pet’s weight and temperature, and discuss the purpose of your visit
- 15-20 minutes with a veterinarian who will make friends with your pet, perform a complete physical exam, and then discuss a diagnostic and/or treatment plan with you
- 15-20 minutes spent with your pet performing treatments approved. For example, vaccines, x-rays, preparing medications, etc.
- 5-10 minutes to check out, collect any medications that have been prescribed, and schedule follow-up visits if needed
As a new client, you may have questions about San Diego Pet Hospital and what makes us special. Here are a few details about us:
- SDPH opened for business in Lemon Grove in 1942.
- We offer veterinary services to cats and dogs.
- Services include wellness exams and vaccinations, surgery, dentistry, x-rays and ultrasound and a variety of other medical procedures and diagnostics.
- We believe in client education and preventative medicine to improve the quality of pets’ lives.
- We maintain a clean, spacious and sunny waiting room for your comfort, with fresh coffee and refreshments while you wait.
- We have a fully stocked online pharmacy and can fill most prescriptions within 24 hours.
We look forward to meeting you and bringing your pet into our family.
San Diego Pet Hospital
7368 Broadway Lemon Grove, CA 91945
Mon-Fri: 8 am -6 pm
Sat 8am-5 pm closed Sunday Holiday Hours: November 24th- Closed 2pm
Thanksgiving - closed
NYE- Closed 2pm
New Year's Day- Closed